From Pottstown School District Director of Community Relations John J. Armato:
The Pottstown School District Community Partnership Worksite Program enables high school students to gain real life job experience as part of their school day program.
Local businesses provide students the opportunity to develop the skills and employable characteristics by providing internships and shadowing experiences.
The program, which is run by teachers Kevin Pascal and Toni Rapp recently held an appreciation luncheon which was catered by the Pottstown High School Culinary Arts students. Local businesses and their representatives were guests of their student interns and included:
• Jen Smith representing Boscov’s Department Store
Student participants: Dave Emery, Stephanie Heimbach, Donald Barthel
• Bob Vitabile representing Redner’s Market
Student participants: Sarah Wilkerson, Michael Brant, Grant Sherman
• Joan Daly representing Freedom Valley YMCA
Student participant: Marcus Benjamin
• Executive Director Eileen Dautrich representing Tri County Chamber of Commerce
Student participant: Rose Nodolski
• Steve Batten representing The Mercury
Student participant: Zachery Haines
• Main Street Manager Sheila Dugan representing Pottstown Downtown Improvement District Authority
Student participant: DaVenia McKim
Other business partners that were unable to attend included: Schuylkill Valley Sporting Goods, Liberty Thrift Shop and Styles to Suit Salon.