Thank You So Very Much, Pottstown ...
You gave an awesome, inspired year.
This isn't easy to write, Pottstown. You made me love you. :)
Today, I embark on a journalism career, leave my post as Pottstown Patch editor and reflect on the many wonderful people I'm so very blessed to know.
Thank you, Pottstown and Patch, for a year filled with remarkable people and stories:
• Lynn Jusinski - One of the first -- and definitely the coolest -- Patch people I met in Pennsylvania.
• Brian Zarley - an amazing reporter, writer who poured passion and detail into every assignment.
• The Pottstown Classics Car Club, which brings tremendous business and life to the borough while raising money for charities.
• Don Villanova of PCCC, a constant source of inspiration and support.
• Dene Liott, a beautiful, savvy and strong lady who gracefully bounced back from a stroke and continues her longtime work as an advocate for senior citizens and folks who need in-home care.
• Thomas O. Crone - photographer extraordinaire.
• Tom Bartman, provider of important, thoughtful, articulate and provocative content.
• Pete Kennedy - A true professional, real journalist and great listener.
• Tom Murray - a no-nonsense, anti-micromanagement guy, my boss until a few months ago, who helped me launch the site and provided constant positive encouragement.
• Lesley Misko - Writer Goddess!
• Pottstown Police F. Richard Drumheller and Chief Mark Flanders who promptly provided information and allowed me to hang with the department's three police canine units - amazing, powerful professionals.
• Dana Melia for Exelon - spokesperson for the Limerick nuclear power plant.
• The super smart Sam Crone for breaking down nuclear science lingo.
• The Pottstown fire departments and emergency services - a constant source of inspiration.
• Scott "Fluffy" Grebe, who balances his time battling cancer and volunteering to help local charities.
• James Myers, a cool, constant source of support and encouragement.
• James Enders, Pottstown's Pop Art Guru.
• Pottstown resident Gwendolyn Swinehart, president and owner of Boobie Nation, founded the group in 2010. It's an organization made of true girl power, with help from guys, that raises money for needy causes including CHOP.
• John Armato, a constant advocate for the Pottstown School District and Pottstown businesses.
• Wicked Effects - supporters of the community.
• Kevin Haslam - my former and favorite Patch bro.
• PDIDA and all of the Pottstown area places of worship, schools and manufacturers.
• David Powell, tech specialist and prompt answerer of questions during my early days as Pottstown Patch editor.
• Alana Mauger for the cleanest press releases ever.