Dear Partners In Education:
This is an exciting and challenging time for our school district. During the month of November, the following major projects are continuing:
- The continued renovations of Barth Elementary School.
- The redistricting of our elementary attendance areas for the 2013-2014 school year.
- The close of Edgewood Elementary School at the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
- The grade level reconfiguration which will see all current fourth graders transition to fifth grade at Pottstown Middle School.
- The pending relocation of Rupert Elementary School students to the Edgewood site (920 Morris Street) for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Renovations to our four remaining elementary schools.
- The School Board’s search for our next superintendent.
With so much change, it is understandable that there are many questions and concerns. The district will attempt to communicate information about all of these projects in a timely and complete manner.
We are developing detailed timelines for all projects. They will be posted to our website (www.pottstownschools.com) and updated.
A frequently asked questions section (FAQ) will be added to our site. If you have questions regarding any of these projects, please forward them to Projects@pottstownsd.org and we will, to the best of our ability, provide answers on our website.
Throughout the remainder of the year, we will continue to keep you informed through the use of our phone messaging and E-alert systems. You can register for E-alerts by going to the home page of our district’s website. Indicate that you want information for all district events.
It is most important to remember that in the midst of all the excitement and challenge surrounding these changes our primary focus and mission remains the same: To provide the highest quality educational opportunities for our students that will enable them to become the future leaders of our community. This cannot be accomplished without a strong partnership between the district and our school families. I encourage you to ask questions, make comments, and become involved as an educational partner of the Pottstown School District. Our combined efforts will lead to the future successful lives of our students.
Proud to be from Pottstown, Jeffrey R. Sparagana, Ed. D.
Acting Superintendent of Schools