What Do These People Have in Common?
- Jeff Krick – Class of 1985 – Has been described by CBS Philly News as the #1 Elvis Presley Tribute Artist in the country. He has performed all around the USA and Canada. He has done fundraising concerts for the American Cancer Society, The Heart Association, and the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Al Grey – While in the Navy, he was a member of the Navy Band. He is a four time Grammy nominee and recognized as a world renowned trombonist. He has performed at the Carnegie Centennial Celebration and President Clinton’s Inauguration. He has played with such greats as Lionel Hampton, The Dizzie Gillespie Big Band, and Count Bassie.
- Todd Butler – Class of 1985 – He earned a bachelor’s degree in trumpet performance and a master’s degree in jazz performance at Towson University. He is recognized as a versatile performer and has become one of the top commercial trumpet players in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. He has performed at the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and Grammy Showcases in Washington and New York. He has produced numerous CDs and commercial jingles.
- Arlen Saylor – Class of 1946 – A graduate of West Chester University, he was the band director at Pottstown Junior High School and led them to National AAA Championships in Washington D.C. He was a member of the United States Army Band and became the highly respected band director at Boyertown High School. He founded the Arlen Saylor Orchestra which played at Sunnybrook Ballroom. He also served as the Director of Entertainment for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Bennie Sims - Class of 1972 – He is the owner of Boom Camp Productions and has traveled worldwide as a jazz performer. He has performed numerous times on national television including “Emeril Live,” “Good Morning America,” and a special 2002 PBS broadcast – “Love Rhythm and Soul.” He has performed with legendary artists such as Aretha Franklin, Lou Rauls, and The Spinners. He is currently the music director and bassist for the "Three Degrees Worldwide". He is one of the founding members of the new jazz sensation “New Foundation.”
They are all graduates of Pottstown High School and are part of the 133 year tradition in the Pottstown School District of excellence in education.
Read more about the outstanding people, programs, and facilities by going to www.pottstownschools.com. You may also register to receive Pottstown School District E-Alerts.